- Individualized Psychotherapy
- Coping Skills Development
- Behavioral Change
- Life Skills
- Mental Health Therapeutic Strategies
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Dialectical (DBT)
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Internal Narrative Change
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Strength-Based Focused
- Clinical Supervision Services
- Substance Abuse Assessments
I help people get unstuck, feel less anxious, less stressed or depressed, and hopefully less frustrated. I know a lot of fancy therapies and techniques but I ‘keep it real’. I look forward to speaking with you!
- Have you ever felt you ought to cut down on your drinking or drug use?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing your drinking or drug use?
- Have you felt bad or guilty about your drinking or drug use?
- Have you ever had a drink or used drugs first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover (eye-opener)?
I offer a comprehensive, evidence-based, way of determining if your substance use may be an issue. I use the Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI-4)* and a few other assessment tools as part of a thorough substance use assessment. Also, in order to have the most accurate picture possible, I will request your permission to speak with family members and/or friends unless there is a compelling reason not to. Why? Because it is important to gather information from persons who are close to and care about you because we can fool ourselves into thinking there is no problem. Denial is part of the nature of addiction. We downplay the effect it is having on our lives and those around us. It is important to more clearly see ‘the big picture’ and then to begin to turn things around.
Don’t get caught in the “I can quit whenever I want to” trap.
The assessment process should meet the needs of legal mandates, containing a full report which includes results, treatment recommendations, and referrals for assistance. If you are dealing with court issues, please check with your attorney.