I help people get unstuck, feel less anxious or depressed, decrease stress and frustration in life, and hopeful about the future. I use a variety of therapies and techniques but I ‘keep it real’. I look forward to speaking with you!
Counseling and Psychotherapy
Coping Skills Development
Mental Health Therapeutic Strategies
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Dialectical (DBT)
- Mindfulness-Based (MBCT)
- Internal Narrative Change
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
- Strength-Based Focused
- Clinical Supervision Services
- Have you ever felt you ought to cut down on your drinking or drug use?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing your drinking or drug use?
- Have you felt bad or guilty about your drinking or drug use?
- Have you ever had a drink or used drugs first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover (eye-opener)?
I offer a comprehensive, evidence-based, way of determining if your substance use may be an issue. I use the Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI-4)* and a few other assessment tools as part of a thorough substance use assessment. Also, in order to have the most accurate picture possible, I will request your permission to speak with family members and/or friends unless there is a compelling reason not to. Why? It is important to gather information from persons who are close to and care about you because denial is part of the nature of addiction. Let’s work together to more clearly see your substance use and then begin to turn things around as needed.
Don’t get caught in the “I can quit whenever I want” trap.